Friday 29 March 2013

Empties



Hi Everyone, so today I thought I would share with you some hair, make up , skin and body products I have used up, what I thought about them and if I would repurchase. 




Pro- Voke Touch of Silver Shampoo

I have been using this purple shampoo for years and its my favorite shampoo for my blonde hair, I use it twice a week ( anymore can damage your hair and give it purple, grey tones). You don't need to much of the product as it lathers up really well. This tone correcting shampoo leaves my hair looking really white blonde and removes any horrible yellow brassy toned, which is never a good look. For the £3.00 price tag it is a bargain.
Would you repurchase? Yes already have a new one in my shower. 

Aussie  3 minute miracle shine conditioner
 This conditioner left my hair feeling soft, conditioned and smelling really nice. However having blonde hair I didn't find it made my hair shine in anyway, but with my bleach blonde locks I should have expected that. 
I think this would work well on brunettes for achieving the shine result. 
Would you repurchase? No, purely because of my hair type

Body shop, banana shampoo and conditioner. 
This collection had a mixture of fruity scents and honey mixed with the banana, and I loved the scent it left on my hair after shampooing and conditioning. Now this is very strange for me because I hate the smell of bananas but I loved this. I think I preferred the shampoo to the conditioner, I just have tired  other conditions I prefer and found they left my hair softer. But I loved the shampoo, as did my fiancé, i noticed he kept using it :p 
Would you repurchase,?shampoo yes, conditioner no. 

L'oreal elvive crystal sparkling shampoo,
 I love loreal products, but this shampoo wasn't for me. It smelt good and I loved the idea of the pearl and micro crystal formulation but it just did nothing for my hair, it actually left it looking slightly greasy. Again I just thing this was wrong for my hair type, I am sure it would work better on darker hair. 
Would you repurchase? no 

Batiste dry shampoo
 I am a big fan of dry shampoo and go through bottles very quickly. Even on days when I have washed my hair I find myself reaching for it, my hair is quite limp and fine and I find a quick spray of dry shampoo really gives my hair body and volume. I have also found this using dry shampoo my helped my hair grow loads, because my hair gets greasy quite easily I had to wash it lots but now I just wash it three or four times a week, so its in much better condition. 
Would you repurchase? yes 

Bioderma Sensibio H20 - Micelle Solution

now i don't need to go into too much detail about bioderma every blogger and its blog has raved about this product. I got this travel sizes bottle for my last holiday and it was a really handy size, also really good if you just want to try it out. Until now getting hold of bioderma has been a nightmare I got some in Dubai, but other then that I have had to rely on ebay, but finally bioderma has reached the uk. I find this product really gentle and cleansing on my skin and has really calmed my imperfections, defiantly a favorite product in my skin care routine. 
Would you repurchase? yes already have but this time gone for the Sebium H2o. I will do review in a few weeks. 

 Grease lighting, spot treatment from lush
Now I have a love hate relationship with this product. On one hand I find it is really good for getting rid of spots quickly, but it leaves the skin around the spot really dry and flaky, bleughh . So I am torn. But I think for now I will be saying good bye to grease lightening and try and find other alternatives that don't dry up my skin. 
Would you repurchase? no not right now. 

Lush popcorn lip scrub
 I use this lip exfoliated every night and before apply lipstick, I find it leaves my lips really soft and smooth and removes any dry skin. I love the taste of the popcorn flavor too. 
Would you repurchase? yes, still have one from a Christmas gift set I got in my lush drawer, yes I have a lush drawer. 

Rimmel wake me up foundation
This is one of my favorite drug store foundations, I adore the glowing and dewy finish it leaves on my skin. It applies really easily and smells lovely, defiantly a staple foundation in my collection. 
Would you repurchase? yes 

Maybelline the falsies mascara
This again is my favorite drug store mascara. It really volumes and separates my lashes amazingly, I love it. 
Would you repurchase? yes I always by back ups on the famous boots 3 for 2 offer. 

Maybelline dream lumi touch highlighting concealer
I wouldn't use this as a concealer as its very bright but I love this as part of my contouring and highlighting  routine, I use this under my eyes, down my nose and around my forehead (sounds ridiculous I know), I love the bright finished look it gives me. It's very similar to YSL touch éclat but costs less then half the price. 
Would I repurchase? yes but right now I am using mac prep and prime for highlight, so after that's all gone. 

Benefit heart throb blush. 
This blush has lasted me ages, I love the light pink shade of this blush, its very wearable and lasts on my cheeks really well, but it's no longer available, so if anyone can recommend a good alternative please let me know. 
Would you repurchase? would if I could, boo 

 Aqua Mirabilis lush body butter, 
This did a really good job at scrubbing away dry skin and left my skin smooth, this does have a strong nutty almond smell which I really like but might not be to everyone's taste. My only negative about this body butter is it melts quite quickly, I had it in my shower and it shrunk loads, so store in a cool place. 
Would you purchase again? yes but not for a while trying out some soap and glory scrubs at the moment. 

Phewww, That was a long post, but I hope you found it useful and ejoyed reading, Hope you all hav a lovely Easter weekend, and get lots of Chocolate.

Thanks for reading

Emma Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. Ooo Emma I can't wait to see what you think of the Bioderma Sebium h2o! I just bought L'oreal's new Micellar water so giving that a test :)
    Also Rimmel wake me up is a massive love of mine too, I use it as my work foundation at the weekend.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know once I given it a good test :) ooh let me know what the loreal one is like :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete