Sunday 6 April 2014

Revlon Colorburst Balms











Revlon have done it again! They have released yet another range of lip products I just can’t get enough of. You know what I am talking about right? Yeah you guessed it, the new Revlon Colorburst balms both in a lacquer and a matte finish have found their way in my makeup collection. It seems like I am not the only one, there has been a lot of hype about this crayon style lip products.
Like any good blogger I made the most of the 3 for 2 offer in boots and purchased three of these balms, to be honest the temptation to get 6 was pretty high, but I managed to resist.  I purchased demure and coquette in the lacquer balm and showy in the matte balm.
The lacquer balms are a high shine formula, intensely pigmented and leave your lips with a glossy and crystal shine finish. Unlike some lacquer like lip products this isn't over sparkly and has just the right amount of glitter to give you lips a subtle sheen, but still leave your lips hydrated and with a buttery texture. The lasting powder of the lacquer option is not as long lasting as the matte balm but for a glossy product it has a good staying powder and I find it lasts a good few hours on the lips before I need to reapply. Demure is pale nude pink it’s a great every day colour and I have been reaching for this wearable shade daily, I actually find this shade to be very similar to Mac hue which is a favourite of mine, this is definitely my favourite of the Lacquer balms. Coquette is a medium pink shade, with orange undertones, this is really dynamic shade and can be worn more sheer for a day time look or build up for a bright bold lip for a night out.
The matte balms have a velvety opaque finish but with a balm like feel. I will be honest I am always a bit dubious when it comes to matte formulas but unlike so many matte products I was really impressed with this balm, it wasn’t drying on the lips, or clung to dry patches and actually left my lips feeling moisturised and creamy. The pigmentation is really good and has amazing colour pay off. Showy is bright bubble gum pink with blue under tones, I think this will be a perfect bright lip colour for summer, if we ever get some sunshine here in the UK.  I actually think I prefer the matte balms so I can’t wait to try some more out.
All of the Revlon lip butters have mango, shae and coconut butter in the formula, hence the buttery and conditioning feel that these left on the lips. They have a peppermint scent but I didn’t find them over powering in any way.
The great thing about these balms is there just so easy to use, the twist up crayon literally just swipes effortlessly across the lips, and I have even managed to reapply these without a mirror.
I am really impressed with the Revlon Colorburst lacquer and matte balms, for £7.99 they are easy to use, highly pigmented, there is a beautiful array of colours available to suit every skin tone and they are the perfect on the go handbag lip product. I can’t wait to try more.
Thanks for reading beauties, have you tried the Colorburst balms? What do you think?




8 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous - I've been meaning to get my hands on some for ages now! I think I might start with demure.

    Lovely blog :)

    Love, B x

    www.lifemadewonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's defintley my most worn shade :) great everyday colour. Let me know what you think if you purchase :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have snowy and absolutely love it the pigmentation is so good it last on the lips for ages , I haven't tried any of the lacquer balms just the matte balms

    Jorden X

    http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am so impressed didn't think I would like the matte formula so much. Need to try some more :) xx

      Delete
  3. I currently have Demure and I like it. I need to try out the matte formula though!

    Zoe
    Beautifinous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love demure great everyday colour. Prefer the matte formula though :) xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, these are such beautiful shades. I have Demure and I love it but now I will have to go ahead and give the other shades a try!

    Beautyxpress0.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww let me know which shades you pick up :) xx

      Delete