Sunday 10 March 2013

Boots Haul



So if you haven't already guessed by the title...I went shopping to Boots this weekend. I had been eyeing up some high street/ drug store make up so was ready for a Boots splurge. Now being the responsible adult I am, I am quite strict with myself , because Boots always have some kind offer on I only allow myself  to buy products when they are on offer, make up offers are usually 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price.
Now there is no way of sugar coating it, i did my usual and spent too much, but I made a saving of £30.45 with all the products on offer, so i have managed to convince myself I actually saved money. I have a way if justifying my spending habits.So here is a quick look at what I bought. Once I have used the products more I will do some in depth reviews and let you know what I think of them.
Now here is what I originally went shopping for, the L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash. I had read  numerous reviews on these new lip stains and they have been described as a dupe for the YSL glossy stains, which I love but, only own one as I can't bring myself to pay that much money for a lip stain. So I couldn't wait to get my hands on these little beauties. The only negative was the colour range, lots of the colours were quite similar or two orange toned for my skin but, I do love the colours I did select. These were £7.99 each and were in a buy 3 for 2 offer, so of course I got 3, got to add I think the packaging is amazing and much more high end then the £7.99 price tag.

The next products I picked up were from the Revlon Nearly Naked range. Again I have heard a lot of good reviews about this range, and I was in the market fora light coverage foundation as my skin is the best it's been in years ( I will do a skin care post soon and revel all my skin care secrets). I got the colour shell for the foundation and light in the powder. The foundation was £8.99 and the compact powder was £6.99 but, the revlon offer was buy one get one half price. 



Sticking with Revelon I bought 3 of the Revlon, just bitten kissable lip stain. Now I messed up a little here and bought 3 so I didn't get the full potential of the Revelon offer, quite annoyed with myself for this little slip up. Anyway the lip stains are £7.99 and has a really good colour selection. I went for darling a lilac shade, love sick a bright pink, fuchsia and finally cherish a baby pink shade. I can't wait to try these, I switched them last night and loved all three colours. 




Then I moved over to Maybelline who also had 3 for 2 on products, and yes I got slightly carried away over here at the Maybelline station. I picked up 5, yes 5 of the colour tattoos. I had used up the back to bronze one I bought in the states as I used it nearly every day. I love the colour tattoos because you can you them as a base colour or as you full eye shadow and blend it out, and for £4.99 they are a total bargain. 



Then I bought myself  two of the falsies mascara which is amazing, I am sure I don't need to explain about this product as its been raved about in the blogging and beauty world, but I do love it a d use it all the time as it really gives my lashes volume and length. So I decided to stock up while they were on offer. 

Next I bought the Bourjoris magic nail polish remover which cost £4.99. I have to admit this was an impulse buy, I was intrigued to see if the product did as it said. Also I am very lazy with nail polish removal so seemed like a good idea. Will let you know what I think. I bought two Essie  nail polishes, both were light nude colours, Figi and Ballett slipper. 

Finally I stocked up on some soap and glory products, again these were 3 for 2, I haven't used any of these yet but will blog my thoughts in a few weeks, but can I just say, omg sugar crush is possibly the most amazing smelling product ever, it's sugary and fruity and smalls Devine and very yummy, hence why I bought two.  Can't wait to try. 

So I think that's everything from my make up splurge I will let you know what I think about all the different products very soon. I had wanted some back up Rimmel wake me up foundation but there. Was no offs on Rimmel so I am going to be very good and wait. 

Thanks for reading

Emma Louise x










2 comments:

  1. hey dear! i'm new to blogging and always looking for new friends! came across your blog and fell in love with it. followed you! maybe you'd like to get friends & follow me too? would be great!


    xx vik

    viktoriadimitrova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you very much. I am quite new to the blogging scene but really enjoying it. I will take a look and follow yours :).

      Em xx

      Delete