Saturday 2 March 2013

Make up spring clean

So yesterday I decided to have a clear out and de clutter of all my make up.....I hadn't quite anticipated how much of a task this would be......turns out I had a lot more make up then I thought oops. As I mentioned in my previous post I have recently got some new bedroom furniture to store my make up and beauty essentials. 

So I decided this was the perfect time to sort through my make up. I was very strict with myself, if it was past its expiry date, hadn't been used in the last couple if months, or looked a little bit worse for wear it was going. Being the obsessive I am I also armed my self with disinfectant wipes to clean all the make up I was going to keep, as much of it had foundation or powder marks all over them. 

So after clearing out three boxes and drawer I actually was quite brutal and threw half of my collection away, anything that was still in good condition and I just didn't used I am keeping to one side to give to give to family as its a shame to see it wasted. I couldn't believe the amount if stuff I found that had been forgotten about or hardly used. Most of these items were from before I had my own home to pay for and became the responsible adult i am now :p, and I was no where near as careful with my spending as i am now. Even though I still buy a lot of products now I don't impulse buy, I always do my make up research before buying. 




So after hours of cleaning and sorting this what I was left with. To some people this might still look too much, but it will honestly be used.  I feel much better after having a clear out and clean up of my products, everything looks refreshed and new, and a de clutter always makes you feel better, even if half way through you regret starting. When I think I threw half of it away I am slightly horrified at the amount of money I have spent over the years but make up and beauty products are my vice and I love trying and testing new products and experimenting with new looks. 

Thanks for reading 

Emma Louise x 

No comments:

Post a Comment