Wednesday 27 March 2013

New Revlon Lip Butter shades






Juicy Papaya, Pink lemonade and Sorbet 


Hi ladies, I hope your all looking forward to the Easter weekend and tucking into some chocolate eggs, I keep reminding my fiancé how much I love malteaser bunnies so hopefully he has got the hint :p. 

Anyway  I will stop rambling, Spring is approaching and Revlon have launched four new lip butters as part of the Spring collection. The four shades are Wild watermelon, Juicy papaya, Pink lemonade and Sorbet.  I was so excited when I heard about these new shades, for anyone that doesn't know I am obsessed with the Revlon lip butters, they have been a staple in my make up bag ever since I got my hands on them. So I couldn't wait to try these new shades. 

Very briefly for anyone who hasn't tried a lip butter before, they are advertised as a buttery balm. I personally think they are more in between being a balm or a lipstick with a shiny gloss finish( dependant on the shade). I love how hydrating and moisturised these leave my lips and how wearable these little beauties are.....as you can tell I am a fan. 

Boots has the lip butters on the 3 for 2 offer, so of course I got 3, can you blame me? I decided to go for sorbet, pink Lemonade and juicy papaya. As lovely as the wild watermelon shade looked I decided against this one as I don't wear red shades very often, much more a pink girl. (although I do love the candy apple lip butter). 

My favourite shade is sorbet, I love the bright vibrant shade of bright pink. This product is so pigmented and the colour pay of is amazing. I find this with a lot of the darker shades of the lip butters. This colour is so pretty I defiantly think I will be reaching for this colour day and night through out the summer. 

The juicy papaya shade is a peachy coral colour, with pink tones. This shade is perfect for the Summer. the colour is build able, but not quite as bright as sorbet but, for anyone who doesn't like wearing bright, in your face colours but want to add a pop a colour to your every day look I would recommend this colour. 
Finally the pink lemonade shade is a soft pink colour. This has quite a sheer finish its much lighter then some of the other pink shades available, but I love this colour I think it's a great everyday colour for spring and summer, and will look great with a tan, if the sun ever shows its face here in the UK. I am fan of all three shades they are all very wearable but build able to create different looks and they give a glossy sheen and soft finish to my lips. 
Now I have to mention the packaging, I am sucker for good packaging and I think the packaging of these products is perfect. The quilted effect give it a very high end chanel look to the them, but the vibrant colours make them stand out and give them a feminine finish and look beautiful in any make up collection. My only negative with the lip butters is I find because of the buttery consistency they melt quite quickly, so not a product to be left in your car or bottom of hand bag. Saying that they are still my favourite affordable lip products at £7.99 each I have got my money worth out of all my lip butters. 
Finally just thought I would share with you my lip butter collection...yes I know it's a lot but I love them. My favourite shades is strawberry shortcake, it's the perfect every day pink colour and tutti fruitti  which is a lovely coral shade. I did also own creme brûlée but I wasn't a huge fan of this so gave it to my sister who is much more tanned then me ( I am very jealous of her natural glow). 

Pink lemonade, juicy papaya, sorbet, tutti fruitti, strawberry shortcake, cupcake, candy apple and sweet tart. 


What do you think of the lip butters? Have you tried the new shades. 

Thanks for reading 

Emma Louise xx


7 comments:

  1. You have so many colours! I've been looking for a great super hot pink! I'll have to try these! I happened upon your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and tag along if you like! I also have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much, defo worth a try. Thanks for following, heading over to your blog now

      Thank you xxx

      Delete
  2. your blog is really good)loves it)

    would you like to follow each other?)

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these products, all the colors looks so beautiful;)X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see Sorbet I just want it more and more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perfect bright shade for spring/summer :) would defintley recommend :) xx

      Delete