Saturday 16 March 2013

Benefit....How To Look The Best At Everything

Hope your all having a lovely weekend? so today I had a trip to Benefit, I went to buy a new Hoola bronzer and of course couldn't resist browsing the stand. I love Benefit, I am always drawn in my the colourful, retro packaging and always been very impressed with my Benefit purchases.

So I was chatting away to the sales assistant,  who complimented me on my fake tan (Sienna X) so of course I was won over with her complements and ended up trying quite a few products. I told the sales assistant I had been thinking of trying out some of the face products, as I heard lots of good reviews on the foundation and concealer. The sales assistant suggested I try the 'How To Look The Best at Everything' palette. The palette included miniature versions of a range of complexion perfecters to give you a flawless finish. It sounded perfect, for £24.50 I could test the products before spending money on full sized versions, very clever marketing trick there by Benefit.



The palette looks so cute, shaped and designed to look like a book, it's very eye catching and will look lovely on your dresser or vanity. There are three colour choices, light, medium and dark. Now thanks to my tanning routine my skin tone is ever changing throughout the week, but I decided to go for medium as I would probably be able to use it on a daily basis.

Inside the palette, it puts the products in a step by step order on how to apply. Step 1 includes a 7.5ml PORE fessional, this balm is to be used before foundation as a primer to minimise the appearance of pores. Then step 2 is a smaller version of the 'Hello Flawless, Oxygen WOW' foundation, in the shade ' I'm so money, HONEY'. Step 3 is two shades of the 'Boi-ing' concealer. There a dark and light shade, so you can mix together to get your exact custom shade. Then finally step 4 is a 'Hello Flawless' powder in shade 'I'm cute as a bunny, HONEY', How cute are the shades of the products?

The palette also includes a tips and tricks manual on the best way to use each product, which is really handy if your not sure where to start. It also has a little mirror too, which is a really great size. So not only is this product great for sampling products it's a great size for travelling too.



I also got some Hoola bronzer my original reason for my trip to Benefit, I love this bronzer, again the packaging is so cute, but I love the shade it's not orange toned but still gives you a lovely glow. I am a big fan of contouring rather then all over bronzing and I find this bronzer contours really well alongside Nars Laguna bronzer, together they are my Holy Grail contouring products.



I also got a skin care sample for their new skin care line, Triple Performing. I went for the moisturiser. The sample is a sheer oil free facial lotion with SPF 15, which hydrates, protects and comforts the skin with an oil free light weight formula. So I will give this a try and let you know what I think.

So overall a good shopping trip to Benefit, as ever. Have you got any benefit recommendations?

Thanks for reading

Emma Louise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment