Wednesday 13 March 2013

Crown brushes

I am sure you have all heard the saying.....An artist is only as good as his tools, and I think applying make up is no different to any art form. Good tools or brushes are key to creating a flawless look and finish. My personal favourite brushes are real techniques and mac, and I have a good selection from both collections. However I have recently been craving some new eye shadow brushes. I am a big fan of a smoked out eye look and anyone else who opts for this look will now the key is to blend, blend, blend...and this requires a number of clean blending brushes.

So I did some research into low budget brushes, but still of a good quality and did the required job, this is when I stumbled upon Crown brushes, now i had heard some talk and reviews of Crown brushes, and they appeared to be a popular brush amount make up artists and beauty gurus who had lots of good things to say about these brush collections, so I thought they were worth a try.
Now I have to admit it being the pink lover I am I got totally drawn in by the perfectly pink brush range and when I saw how cheap they were I could resist giving them a try. So I got slightly carried away and ended up with 9 brushes in my basket, all eye shadow brushes. I purchased quite a few blending brushes in a selection of size and form and my total basket came to £18.95, which in my opinion for 9 brushes is a steal, especially when one Mac 217 brush is around £17.


http://www.crownbrush.co.uk/brushes/brush-ranges/perfectly-pink.html


Now I wasn't sure what to expect with these brushes, I am a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' so I have to admit my hopes were not particularly high. When my brushes arrived I was defienetley proved wrong, the quality and texture of the brushes are a very high standard and I have been pleasantly surprised. My favourite brushes I bought are the large  PP13 blending brush ( and yes i bought 3) and the PP15 oval fluff the bristles are soft and created the smoked out eye shadow look perfectly.
PP13 Blending Brush, £2.69
PP15 Oval Fluff, £2.49 
 This isn't to say my more high end models will be left to collect dust I do still love them, but for a fraction of the price I will defiantly be purchasing some more from the crown brushes collection in the future they have done an amazing job helping me create my favourite neutral smoked out eye look. I would defiantly recommend these brushes if your looks for good quality brushes that won't cost you a fortune. 
PP20 Angle Brow, £2.49 


PP18 Round Crease £2.29


PP26 Talkon Sqaure £2.39



PP14  Deluxe Oval  £2,99



Have you tried crown brushes, what do you think? Or do you know another brush collection I should give a try.

Thanks for reading
Emma Louise x

No comments:

Post a Comment