Sunday 30 March 2014

What I Loved in March











Today I want to share with you some of the things I have been loving in March. I wont start with the usual 'Can you believe its nearly April, where did March go', but seriously where did March go?

This month I have a mixtures of beauty and non beauty favourites, sometimes its fun to mix things up a bit!

However lets start with the beauty favourites.

My first product I have been loving in Marching is the much hyped Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, I did a full review of this little product here. In the interest of this post though to cut a long story short the CC Cream from Bourjois is a light but buidable formula which leaves the skin looking even and perfected, with a natural glowing finish, its basically your skin but better and I have been reaching for this everyday since I purchased it.

My next most loved product in the month of March, has been my Garnier Michellar cleansing water, again I did a full review of this here, but this is an extremely gentle yet effective cleanser which I use every morning and night, it has left my skin feeling clean, soft, smooth and hydrated. Its brilliant for removing my make up at the end of the day, and for £4.99 you get a lot of product, so no complaints from me and I will defintley be repurchasing.

Moving on to Soap and Glory who continue to impress me with their fun packaging and quirky product names but its what inside this hand food cream that is most impressing. Can you believe before this month I had never even tried this, even though so many bloggers recommended it, I know naughty blogger. However, when I finally did try it I fell in love with it and can appreciate why everyone told me to try it. I have been slathering this rich buttery cream all over my hands every night before bed and literally straight away my hands feel soft and moisturised without feeling greasy or oily. I also really like the sweet scent this leaves on my hands, but its not over powering or heavy. I will definitely do a full review of this soon for you, promise.

Next up is Sleek Pixie Pink blush, I have done a full review of this little blush here. I have been so impressed with this beautiful blush, the pigmentation and finish on the cheek is amazing for a high street product, very similar to Nar's blushes which is impressive for more then half the price. I love this pink shade it looks very bright in the pan but applied with a light hand this gives your cheeks a lovely pinched look, perfect for the spring!

Next up is Revlon Colorburst Laquer balm, I am working on a full review of both the matte and laquer balms, but the shade Demure is my favourite of the three I purchased. Demure is a natural pink blush shade with glitter particles, the formula inst too glittery, it just has the right amount of sparkle to give your lips a glossy finish. This particular shade has a sheer finish so is a great every day colour. These balms from Revlon are the perfect hand bag lip product because they are really easy to apply, I have managed to touch this up in the day without a mirror, now that is impressive.

My final beauty pick of the month is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, again you can read a full review here. There has been a lot of mixed reviews of this light weight gel primer, but personally I have really enjoyed using this on my skin before applying foundation. You only need a very light layer but baby skin minimizes my pore, calms redness on the skin and its a good long lasting base for my make up, and well its just so darn cute! What's not to love! 

Now onto some books I purchased this month, I am a real book worm and love snuggling up with a good book. I have particularly been enjoying 'The New York Times, 36 hours, 125 weekend in Europe. Ok so that is quite a mouthful of title, but basically this book gives you a list of the best places to sight see, stay and eat in 125 places in Europe (if you hadn't guessed that). This book caught my eye because me and my other half are going on a little mini moon after our wedding, we aren't going on our honey moon till November, so we thought it would be nice to go away for a few days after the wedding and bought this to give us some inspiration. The book is great and has lots of ideas,  the only problem we have now got  to attempt to narrow it down to one place, do we go to Edinburgh or London? Paris or Rome? because we now have a long list of places we want to visit now thank to this amazing travel guide. 


The next book is the delightful 'Love letters of Great men', any good sex and the city fan will have heard of this book. Now it could well be because I am getting married this summer so I am feeling the love but I have really enjoyed reading this book filled with romantic letters from male historical figures throughout the ages to their love ones, there is just something so romantic and charming about hand written letters, its a lovely and relaxing read.


Finally, I had to include some Easter chocolate, I am not normally a huge chocolate fan, maybe its because they are only available for part of the year but I love mini eggs and creme eggs. I have been trying to really limit my chocolate intake to once a week to make sure I fit in my wedding dress and keep my skin clear  so these are a lovely yummy sweet treat. I might do some easter baking soon and do a baking post, I bake all the time but I never remember to blog about it, thats my blogging goal for next month...baking post, dont let me forget lovely readers.

So thats it my March favourites, I would love to hear about what you have been loving this month.




2 comments:

  1. I have the Love Letters of Great Men book, it's so sweet and mini eggs are my favourite. Shame you can only get them at Easter time, they should be an all year round thing!
    Vicki x

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would certaining gain a few pounds if they were available all year round, they are just too yummy :) xx

      Delete