Saturday 22 March 2014

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder







I am one of those lucky girls who suffers with an oily T-zone so setting powder is an essential part of my make up routine. 

For nearly a year I have stayed true to my Rimmel stay Matte powder and used nothing else other than this. 


However one of my favorite beauty guru's Amelia Lianna raved about this healthy balance powder from Bourjois so I felt it was time I branched out and tried something new, any excuse to add to my make up collection. 


You can take a look Amelia's review of the powder here. Amelia says this powder is a good dupe for the Armani luminous silk powder but I have never used this so cannot comment.


The Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder is a finely milled setting powder. I really like the ultra thin consistency of this powder. Its light coverage evens out skin tone and covers any imperfections but isn't too heavy that it takes away any dewy or natural glow from my foundation, but leaves a matte finish. It basically does as it says on the packet leaves your skin with a natural healthy glow. 


This powder claims to last 10 hours, now it didn't last 10 hours on me and I did have to touch up around my nose and forehead after around 6-7 hours, but I don't mind this as I regularly touch up my make up throughout the day. It may last longer on normal or dry skin types. 


Similarly to the healthy mix foundation this powder has a fresh and fruity scent in the pan but the fragrance is not too heavy on the skin it just has a nice fresh fragrance finish. 


This powder costs a very reasonably £8.99. The packaging in thin and compact so a great hand bag essential. It has a nice big mirror too, which is great for any touching up through out the day. 


 I have really enjoyed using this powder its the perfect natural glow setting powder that is not heavy on the skin. This has been a must have in my make up bag ever since. I will defintley be repurchasing and I would go as far as to say I think I prefer this to my much loved stay matte powder. 

Have you tried this powder? What are your thoughts on healthy balance powder?

Thanks for reading lovelies










2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this one for a while think I will definitely be giving it a try now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it non stop since purchasing :) let me know what you think of it. Xx

      Delete