Saturday 22 March 2014

Baby Skin

U





I am a sucker for cute packaging, if its bright, colourful and cute, something draws me in. Yes its a problem!

That's where Maybelline Baby Skin Instant PoreEraser Lightweight Primer  comes in. (wow that's a mouth full of a product name)l


I had manged to resist this product in the original hype period but I was having a bit of a shop in boots last week and I just couldn't resist this pretty little primer. 


For £7.99 this a high street primer which has been compared to the ever popular Porefessional by benefit which has been a firm favorite in my make up collection since its release. So I was very excited to give this primer a whirl. 


The baby skin primer is a light silky gel with an almost serum like formula that leaves your skin with a soft, matte and satin like finish to the skin. 


This primer can be applied to the skin to erase pores to prefect your skin on a no make up day. However it can also be used as a prime to prime and perfect your skin before applying makeup. 


I found you only need a very light layer of this primer to mattify your skin, too much made my skin too dewy. When I used this primer after hearing a mixture of review I was pleasantly surprised. My pores looked smaller and the gel like formula kept my oily areas and shine under control. My make up glided on with ease and didn't sit on any pores or imperfections.  My make up lasted well, similarly to the Benefit I only needed a little touch u after 5 hours or so. 



This isn't a miracle product I didn't find it completely erased my pores but it did minimize them. If your not a fan of silicone based products this probably isn't the primer for you but for me personally it does the job. 


I think benefit Porefessional will always be my favorite primer in my collection as its tinted so colour corrects as well as minimising pores, but 'Baby skin' gives it a good run for its money. 


Would I repurchase? Yes it does what it needs to do and its not as expensive as the high end versions which do a similar job. I don't think my other primers will go untouched but I am enjoying using this cute little primer. 


Have you tried Baby skin? What do you think?


Thanks for reading Beauts








6 comments:

  1. oooooh i might give this a go - my porefessional is running out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For less than half the price it's definitely worth a try :) let me know what you think if you do try xx

      Delete
  2. Hiya Love! I’ve nominated you for the Liebester Awards! Wayhey! Check my post to see the questions and the instructions : http://eandherbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-liebester-awards.html ENJOOOY YOURSELF! Erin xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Hun :) will take a look tomorrow :) xx

      Delete
  3. On my wishlist; can't wait to give this a try :)
    http://nicolabishopx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww let me know what you think of you do try it :) xx

      Delete