Thursday 27 March 2014

What I love on the High Street



Hello beautifull readers, how are we all?
On Sunday I took part in the bloggers chat, these chats take place from 8.00-9.00pm every Wednesday and Friday on twitter. I really enjoy taking part in the chats it’s a great way to meet and chat to lots of bloggers and the conversation is always flowing because we all have a love and passion for the beauty world. This week’s topic was blogging on a budget and found it really interesting to explore different ways to save my pennies when it comes to my makeup and beauty addiction.
 My makeup collection is a real mixture of high end luxurious make up and high street bargains, but the chat really made me think about high street beauty. So today I thought I would share with you my top 5 high street gems. To be honest I found it hard to narrow it down to just 5 products because the high street is full of amazing products, but I really thought about my top 5 high street favourites that I would pick over a high end version of the product.


Eternal gold and on and on bronze

First on the list is Maybelline Colour tattoos. These little pots are a smooth creamy gel formulated eye shadows with a shimmery long lasting finish. I literally use these all the time my favorite is the ‘on and on bronze shade’ which is metallic warm bronze shade. The colour tattoos are great as a base for a smoky or dramatic  eye makeup look as you can pack on a good amount of it. I also like to use this shadow alone blended out for a subtle pop of colour for an everyday look. The pigmentation of the colour tattoos are really good and long lasting on the lid and will only cost you £4.99, I own about 5 of these little pots and reach for them more often than my MAC paint pots.

Number two is my favorite drug store foundation, Bourjois healthy mix foundation. I have recently been loving the CC cream but I have only been using this a month or two so didn't think I could put in my top 5 just yet, but before I purchased this the high street foundation I always grabbed for and has been a much loved staple in my rather large makeup collection is the healthy mix foundation. This foundation is a light airy formula that offers medium, but build-able coverage. The healthy mix foundation blends smoothly on the skin, covering all my redness and imperfections leaving a satin feel and glowing finish that is not too dewy or oily. Its also smells really yummy and fruity so with all this for the small price of £9.99 whats not to like. 

Sticking with Bourjois my next high street pick is their healthy balance powder. I wont go on about this too much as I did a full review here, but this is perfect powder for a healthy natural finish to the skin and it doesn't leave you looking too powdery or caked in powder, which is never a good look. You can purchase this compact powder for £8.99 and I find myself reaching for this over all my high end finishing powders. I just have to say I am so impressed with Bourjois recently they are quickly becoming my favourite make up brand on the high street with their beautiful array of potted blush, shimmering glosses and sweet scented face products...who could not love the chocolate bronzer. 


Nude and black


Moving onto number four is the Rimmel scandal eye liners which are around £3.99. I very rarely purchase high end eye liner, I just don't see the point of paying a fortune for a kohl pencil when there are so many good liners on the high street, especially since my eye liners always seem to go walk about. I love these Scandal eye liners from Rimmel, the soft creamy consistency glides on to my water line with ease and the lasting powder of these pencils is amazing, it does mean they can be pretty hard to budge these at the end of the day but I find an oil based cleanser is best for removing heavy eye makeup. As you can see from the swatches the pigmentation of these is amazing and just one layer gives your eyes a dramatic finish. 


 Left to right, tutti fruitti, strawberry shortcake, sorbet and candy apple. 

Finally I couldn't do a high street post without including my beloved Revlon lip butters, I always have one of these in my handbag. I adore these glossy buttery balms. They are highly pigmented and have a really good colour pay off, the rich buttery consistency leaves my lips moisturized and hydrated and they last really well on the lips. These are hands down my favorite high street lip products and I reach for these little beauties daily. If I had to pick just one shade  though it would be strawberry short cake, which is not only the cutest little name but it’s the cutest  baby pink shade, its not too blue toned so its perfect for every day where to add just a pop of pink to your look. I think I nearly own every colour available from the lip butter range…it’s an addiction  but what can I say but I love them, they only cost £7.99 so I am a very happy blogger when it comes to these little lip butters. I have swatched some of my favorite colours for you.
So that’s my it, my top 5 high street favorites. I would love to hear about your top 5 and whether you have tried any of my personal favorites.





2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Leibster Award :) You can find your questions here.
    Vicki x

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete