Sunday 16 February 2014

Baftas Best dressed

I have spent another Sunday watching E live from the red carpet taking note of my best dressed stars of the night, and this time I did not have to stay up till all hours waiting for coverage from the USA, therefore I could go to bed at a reasonable time, but here I am blogging away to all of you, much better then sleeping. 

I won't ramble too long this time so here are my favourite looks of the night.



Lupita Nyong'o

This women can do no wrong her colourful array of gowns have wowed on the red carpet this award season, and she did not disappoint at the Baftas. Lupita looked stunning in this bright green Dior Couture gown. I adore the dramatic train on this dress it looks so elegant and graceful, and by adding coordinated gold metallic accessories it gives this look a stylish finish. Lupita just looks exquisite, this gown fits her like a glove and her makeup looks flawless and glowing. She just looks perfect, and I Lupita is swiftly becoming my favourite red carpet fashionista. 

Amy Adam's 

My next pick of the night is Amy Adams in Victoria Beckham. I am huge fan of the VB range and Mrs Beckhams style in general so it's no wonder this beautiful black ensemble caught my little eye. I love a good collar and the tailoring of this dress looks so glamours yet sophisticated on Amy. I think she just looks fabulous, big fan of this detailed piece. Now if only I could afford a VB dress for my own wardrobe I would be a very happy girl. 


Angelina Jolie 

Angelina shocked and wowed the red carpet stepping out with partner Brad Pitt in matching black tuxedos. Angelina made a daring move swapping a floor length leg baring dress for this open bow tied look and I have to say I think she looks incredible, (and I was always team Jen so this a big statement for moi). I love the tailored shirt look its sophisticated but with a sexy and original twist. Actually I am just going to have to say it.....she looks gorgeous, this is the perfect look on Angelina, they were defintley the best dressed couple to grace the red carpet. 


Samantha Barks 
Samantha Barks looks radiant in this striking vanilla nude Calvin Klien strapless peice. The dress was simple and classic yet stunning and I think by adding a statement necklace she really stood out, she looks impeccable and I love the updo hair and glowing makeup. 

Tanya Burr
Finally I had to add The beauty blogger and YouTube sensation Tanya Burr. There I was scrolling through articles of the dresses of the night when up popped Miss Tanya Burr in this delightful buttercup yellow Coast one shouldered gown and she looks beautiful.  I even did a little excited scream when I saw her, bexause as crazy as it sounds I warch Tanya ob youtube so much feel like I know her and she is a friend, I suppose that is what a YouTube obsession does to you.  This dress looks perfect on her, the colour is ideal shade for her auburn brown locks. she just looks beautiful. 
I think Tanya is such an inspiration it's so amazing to see how hard she has worked to make a name for herself in the beauty world. It's incredible to see someone from the beauty blogging world achieving thier dreams, it really inspires me to keep following mine, who knows maybe one day I might make it to an award show, a girl can dream.  Actually I have another Tanya Burr related post coming your way later this week, can you guess what it's about? 

So that's it my round up of my favourite dresses and looks from the Bafta's this year, I am now sitting patiently waiting for the big Oscar night in two weeks, I have the popcorn ready. 

Thanks for reading lovelies, I would lreally love to hear your thoughts on the Bafta's fashion this year. 

2 comments:

  1. Samantha Barks looks stunning <3 I love Lupita Nyong'o too, really hope she wins the Oscar! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, I went to see12 years a slave the other week and it was amazing :) xx

      Delete