Tuesday 5 February 2013

Getting glammed up Georgie style

Last weekend me and four friends planned a weekend away to Newcastle, I was soo excited and as much as I hate to admit it but I am a big fan of Geordie shore. For those of you that don't know Geordie shore is a reality tv programme following the lives of a group of 20 something's in Newcastle. Now the most of the programme does consist of nights out and drunken antics, but my favourite part of the show is how glammed and made up the girls get. Maybe too much for some people but I love it. 

Now this might sound crazy but one of my favourite parts of a night out is the getting ready part. I love taking my time preparing and creating my look for the night ahead. I can also usually be found at this time dancing around like a fool to my music at full blast to get me in the mood. Although doing this with a make up brush in hand is not something I would advise, unless you want make up splattered on your walls and carpet.

So I was very excited about my trip to Newcastle and getting glammed and dolled up to my full potential. This included mahoosive lashes, lots of tan, big hair and nails painted, with glitter of course. I managed to pack a rather large vanity case,and yes to most people this might seem far to much make up to pack for one night, but to avoid any stress and dilemmas I wanted to make sure I had everything. 

Gary was slightly horrified by the amount of make up I took for one night...


Now for the dress took me a while to find something special. After hours and hours of searching every online shop i could think of, I finally found something right up my street and once I saw it I knew no other dress would be up to par. I love the style and colour of this dress, it's so femine, beautiful and very me. While I was out in Newcastle a girl told me, I reminded her of Cinderella in this dress. Now I hope she meant Cinderella at the ball and not when she was scrubbing the floor. Anyway being told I looked like a Disney princess is a plus in my book and gave me a good giggle. 

http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com
Check out  http://www.jonesandjonesfashion.com/  for a range of beautiful dresses, there are so many I love. 

I had a great girlie weekend with my beautiful friends and was really happy with my finished look....well worth all the planning and preparation. ( I would normally have more photos to share but my phone has broken so my old phone is having to do for now) 



Thanks for reading

Emma Louise x 



3 comments:

  1. My favourite part of going out is also getting ready haha! We must be so sad :p
    Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! You look like a princess!

    Christina x
    http://www.passionobsession.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Christina:)

    and yes Stephanie completely agree :) xx

    ReplyDelete