Tuesday 5 February 2013

Start of something new........

So here it goes.... The start of my beauty blog. 

When I sit down and stare at this blank screen I don't know why it has taken me so long to get this started, and yet i dont really know how to start....

One  of my earliest memories as a child was exploring my grandma's dressing table and wardrobe both full to the brim with products and clothes. I was always painting my face with her make up or dressing my self up in her clothes and doing fashion shows for my family. My grandma was the best dressed, femine , coordinated, classy, smart and 'lady like' person I have ever met. Growing up she was a big influence and inspiration in my life and think she has a lot to do with the person I am today and a key reason for my love and passion for all things beauty. 


Modelling my grandmas furs and boots, always makes me giggle. 
I love make, fashion and all things beauty, i enjoy nothing more then getting myself dolled and dressed up for any occasion. Much to the annoyance of my fiancé I spend hours and hours reading fashion and beauty blogs, magazines and watching make up tutorials looking for new products too add to my make up wish list (yes I am a geek and I have a list) and new looks to try 

I get so excited when I find something new,be it a blogger, products or tutorials and more often or not I feel the need to share my new find my friends.It was actually my best friend and fellow make up and beauty junkie who convinced me to do this, so either I take it as a compliment that's she thinks others might be interested in what I have to say or an attempt to reduces the number of messages I send her each day. well which ever way I am taking her advice. 

I could talk about make up and beauty all day if I could. Some people may think this is shallow or vain, but for me it's much deeper then that. As girls I think we are incredibly lucky that make up is part of our daily routine, as a teenager I suffered badly with my skin and my make up was a real life saver and gave me the confidence I needed as a shy, anxious teen and ever since my collection had grown and my skills have developed.




So a little more about me: 

  • I am probably the most girly person ever (at the weekend one of my friends told me I am the girliest person she know,I took it as a compliment). 
  • I got engaged in Las Vegas last year so I am currently planning my wedding. 
  • I love disney and have a huge collection of old school disney classics.
  • I have a white Mini convertible that I love. 
  • I am obsessed with Mollie King, she is my fashion and beauty idol. 
  • One of my favourite things to do its snuggle up on the sofa with my fiancé, wrapped up in a blanket watching a film with the fire going and a hot chocolate, I am easily pleased. 
  • I am book worm and love reading. 
  • I buy far too many candles. 
  • I want to travel the world and see everything. 
So that's me, and I plan to keep this blog up to date with my beauty loves and I am sure I can include a bit of fashion and lifestyle in general in the mix too just for good measure. So enjoy! 
Emma Louise x 


































3 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely!

    You look lovely in the dress :) I would follow you but you have no GFC :(

    Here is my blog

    http://thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thank you,

    Without sounding dumb what is a GFC, only just getting the hang of blogging world.

    Thanks will take a look now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you India for making me awareof ths, managed to get it sorted, thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete