Tuesday 26 February 2013

Chocolate Indulgence


 Now I love a good chocolate treat, whether it be a bar of chocolate, a slice of chocolate cake or a mug of hot chocolate, topped with marshmallows of course....but a chocolate massage, now that's a new one. So when I heard my beautician was offering chocolate treatment in her salon ' The Beauty Lounge' I could not resist, and can you blame me? How could I turn down a chocolate fix, without all the calories, but with the benefits. (yes there are benefits to chocolate, but I will get to that soon)


The first treatment I sampled was the chocolate back massage and I can honestly say its one of the best massages I have ever had. From start to finish it was pure Indulgence. Upon arrival I was given the choice of a mint chocolate, chocolate orange and Turkish delight, which is a rose scent. All the scents smelt beautiful, but for me the chocolate orange scent stood out and the aroma was divine. The chosen oil is then added to real melted chocolate, which looked and smelt amazing as well as making my mouth water. 


At the start of the treatment the melted chocolate mixture is trickled onto your back (yes it was a heavenly as it sounds) and rubbed in, and the massage and chocolate indulgence begins and for the next 30 minutes I was in pure chocolate heaven. 

I sometimes find after a massage that even though my skin feels soft and smooth the oil can leave my skin feeling slightly greasy, however this melted chocolate mixture has such a silky smooth texture and it left my skin feeling like velvet. Not to mention I smelt good enough to eat....even my fiancé commented how good I smelt. 

Now I was informed that chocolate isn't just a treat for your taste buds it also has an array of skin and health benefits. Chocolate contains essential trace elements and nutrients such as iron, zinc, potassium and vitamins A,B1, C, D & E. Cocoa is also the highest natural source for magnesium. It contains more than four times that of black tea. Magnesium deficiency is linked with hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, joint problems & pre-menstrual tension. Chocolate is also rich in cocoa butter which soothes and hydrates the skin. So I now believe chocolate might actually be the best invention ever.....in moderation of course :p 

The Beauty Lounge offers a range of chocolate treatments including, 

The Chocolate back massage which lasts for 30mins ,costs £22 enjoy the benefits of anti-oxidants, endorphins and deep moisturisation with this chocolate indulgence. The high percentage of the cocoa butter within the chocolate means that this treatment will be very nourishing and softening on the skin.


The Cocoa and rose facial  for 60mins costs £35. Enjoy all the above benefits from the cocoa and the anti ageing properties of the rose.

Cocoa-cinno chocolate and coffee therapy an 1hr 30mins long treatment costing £55 starting with a full body exfoliation and body wrap finishing with a body massage. Again enjoy the benefits above of the cocoa and the coffee is stimulating, aids circulation and toning.

So I am sold, I loved my chocolate treatment, it left me feeling relaxed and my skin feeling silky smooth,  and I  plan to book myself in for more treatments. If your interested in finding out more or visiting the beauty lounge for your own chocolate treatment, take a look at thier facebook page and keep up to date with all special offers and treatments available. 


Thanks for reading 

Emma Louise xx 



2 comments:

  1. This looks so good and yummy haha and you have a lovely blog so I definitely followed maybe you could check out mine?♥

    http://honey-beige.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. away thank you, that's really kind. Will check yours out :). Was soo good, made me want chocolate just writing it too xx

      Delete