Friday 15 February 2013

Valentines Birthday Baby

As some of you may know my birthday is Valentines day, so yes I am a valentines baby. I love having my birthday on Valentines, it's means no one ever forgets, everything is pink and pretty, everyone is in a lovey dovey mood and the post an thinks I am incredibly popular. On the downside my birthday meals have probably interrupted lots of couples having intimate, romantic meals by my family singing Happy Birthday at the top of thier voices.....but hey ho.



I always like to look my best on my birthday, so i always make sure I give myself a good hour to get ready, its only your birthday once a year so i think its important to look good and feel special. I decided to embrace the valentines theme for my look yesterday. I mixed up my routinely neutral eye make up with some hot pink on the outer corners and lower lash line, and a pale pink on the tear duct and inner corners of the lid. It didn't show up great on camera but I loved it. On my cheeks I went for my very bright pink swoon blush from Mac (I know, the packaging has seen better days). I brush this blush on to the back of my hand to start with, then sweep the remainder on to my cheeks, just to avoid my cheeks looking to drag like :p. I love the finish of this blush and the pinky glow it gives my cheeks. For lips I went with my Revlon colour burst lip butter in cupcake, which is a blue toned pink. I am a huge fan of the lip butters, I love the texture of the buttery balm and the glossy finish. I think I have nearly every colour available but I love them and wear them every day (obviously not all at once). I decided to finish my Valentines themed look with a pink jumper  and a matching pink ribbon in my hair. I love wearing ribbons, they are so femine and can change up an every day hair style in an instant. I finished my look with my beautiful Michael Kors rose gold watch. I loved my hair, outfit and make up it made me feel very girly and almost forget I was turning 25...,I have been trying to forget about the fact I am now a quarter of a century old.




I spent my birthday with my fiancĂ© who bought me a dressing table as my birthday present, which as any fellow beauty lover can imagine I was extremely excited about.. The dresser a silver mirrored effect table and I have been sat staring at it and planning how I am going to decorate it most of the day, once it's all finished I will a proper post on it.  I went out in the evening to a local restaurant called coco bar bistro which was very yummy, and finished the night with some birthday cake and a hot chocolate.....perfect end to a perfect birthday.



Thanks for reading, hope you all had a lovely Valentines day

Emma Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment