Saturday 11 May 2013

Keeping my pout soft and conditioned

Now I am a self confessed poser and pouter, at the snap of a camera I am pouting away. So as you cab imagine I like to keep my lips in good condition, a dry set of smackers is never a good look, but no matter how hard we try sore, dry, chapped or cracked lips happen to the best of us. So in the post I wanted to share with you some of my favorite lip products that keep my lips in tip top condition. I am focusing on more drug store affordable products in this post. I may do a more high end themed post soon though, but I love these drug store products and its not the the end of the world if I loose them, as I so often to do in my bottomless pit of a handbag. (My Nars Laguna bronzer is my latest loss, as you can imagine I am gutted. However, I refuse to buy another as I know it's around somewhere.)

The first little lip treat I want to share with you is Nivea Lip Butter, Vanilla and Macadamia. There is a range smells available in the Nivea butters collection, including raspberry and caramel. This lip butter comes in a round tin form, now I have to admit I have not a huge fan of the whole sticking your finger in a pot and the rubbing it all over my lips....eeeew germs! So I tend to use this last thing at night after I have washed my hands. However, that point aside I love this lip butter. It smells delicious, the sweet and nutty combination reminds me of freshly baked cookies, and also a slight hint of mini eggs, mmmmm! Quite often I find myself wanting to eat this yummy smelling butter, but don't worry I haven't, I would only be disappointed. Anyway this creamy lip butter leaves my lips feeling soft,and my lips feel lovely in morning after a full night of conditioning. This little tin is very affordable and has lasted me ages because you only need a small amount.

The second product is another from Nivea, the kiss of milk and honey lip balm. I adore this stick balm, it's a handy handbag lip balm with yummy scent. I am a big fan of Honey scent products as I find they smell incredible, yet natural. The scent of this balm is not overwhelming but it certainly gets my nose tingling. This balm has a thick waxy constancy but I like this as it leaves my lips incredibly moisturized and hydrated and i find it a very soothing formula, which Nivea describes will boost your lips natural defensive. The kiss of milk and honey is my favorite balm and have them hiding everywhere, my handbag, car and desk at work, slightly obsessive?

Now the kiss of milk of honey is a great balm product when I want to leave my lips looking neutral but when I want to add a pop of colour I use Maybeline baby lips in 'Pink punch'. Annoyingly these aren't available in the UK but I got mine in the US and I have been informed I can stock up when I go to Dubai later this month, yay. Anyway, I was surprised by the colour pay off of 'pink punch' its is bright neon pink and is super pigmented for a balm, so gives my lips a beautiful pink pop with a slight gloss finish, not bad for £4. I also adore the smell of this beauty it's a lovely lickable mix of sweet and fruity scent. The baby lips balm leaves my lips looking and feeling silky smooth and soft, and how cute is the packaging? A winner in my eyes for sure.

Finally I use Lush lip scrub, my flavor of choice is popcorn, but there is also bubblegum and mint available. This product is my perfect pout secret weapon, it does an amazing job of exfoliating my lips and removing all dead skin from the lip area. If you have never used the scrub, all you have to do is rub all small amount into your lips, give your lips a good scrub and then lick of the excess,( that's my favorite part because it tastes delicious.) Then voila the scrub leaves your lips soft, smooth and good as new. I use the every night and every morning before applying my lip stick/ gloss combination to prepare and condition my lips.

So these are my favorite lip products to leaves my lips kissable soft and moisturized ...Mwah. I would love to hear about your favorite lip products.

Thanks for reading

Download Signature.jpg (8.3 KB)











3 comments:

  1. I really want to try the baby lips they sound amazing, i hope they come to the uk soon x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too, it's so frustrating when it takes so long for the UK launch, hope the colour whispers come out soon too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the popcorn lip scrub, I use it religiously! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete