Friday 14 June 2013

Jumping on the saving ban bandwagon


Hello Ladies and gentlemen (my dad reads my blog , so better not forget himJ) I hope your all having a lovely day and looking forward to the weekend. This is just going to be a brief post about my jumping on the spending ban bandwagon.
So I have recently read a lot of posts about beauty and fashion bloggers taking part in spending bans, some even for a full 108 days, girls if you’re doing this one I take my hat off to you, I don’t think I could do it for that long. However, I did start a spending ban at the start of June after I returned from my holiday to Dubai. The next year is a big one for me, at the end of July I am going to London with my sister to celebrate her finishing her studies out in Dubai, this will be her last ‘Summer holiday home’ before she enters the big world of work so we wanted to do something special  together. Then I am planning a holiday in November, not quite sure where yet but preferably somewhere hot and sunny.  Then…..drumroll please, in 2014 I am getting married. So I really need to save and I just thought to myself, you know what? I have more than enough makeup, clothes and beauty products in my collection and do I really need anymore? The simple answer is no I don’t. As much as I want it I don’t need it.
So its day 14 of the spending ban and actually I have saved a lot of money and it hasn’t been anywhere near as hard as I expected, don’t get me wrong I have missed the excitement of coming home from work and having a delivery waiting for me, but seeing my saving accounts with more money in it is much more satisfying.  I have restrained for my usual trips to boots and online shopping splurges and only bought essentials, by that I don’t mean beauty essentials, I literally mean food and petrol….I did buy a bottle of shampoo (L’Oreal to be precise so high street price tag) as I do feel shampoo is a necessity in life, I am sure you will agree.
I am not sure exactly how long I will do the spending ban, half way through month one and I feel I can carry on for a second month, and maybe after that I will treat myself to a few bits and bobs. I have decided though since starting this ban I am going to be much more careful and selective with my spending. Not that I spend  all my wages on my materialist habits, as most of it goes on my flat but I was spending the majority of what was left over on some form of shopping . Don’t get me wrong I am still adding lots and lots (and lots) of products I am lustring after on to my extremely long wish list, but I will just get the bits I want gradually rather than straight away, and with some products I more than likely will decide I won’t need them.
I still have lots of blog posts ready to write up and products waiting to be snapped up  for photos as I have lots of products in my collection I haven’t reviewed yet, I just won’t have a haul post for a while.
So wish me luck, and I would love to hear if you’re doing a spending ban and how you  have found it?
Thanks for reading. Xx







2 comments:

  1. I wish you good luck! A lot of bloggers are successful at the spending ban (not me!) and they save so much money, an almost unbelievable amount. It's crazy how much the little purchases can add up to. Also, a massive congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding. If there's anything worth saving up for it is certainly that :) xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Hun, it's actually not been anywhere near as hard as I expected it too be, and my wedding is definitely worth it :) thanks again lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete