Sunday 25 January 2015

A little Boots haul



So I had one of those shopping trips, that was never meant to be a shopping trip. I had planned to go into town purely to go to the bank. All of a sudden I found myself in the make up aisle in boots and things just seemed to magically appear in my basket. Has this ever happened to you? 

In my defence I hadn't been make up shopping in a very long time so a little splurge now and again is acceptable. I may have also made a sneaky little Mac order too, but we will talk about that about her day. Want to see what I bought? 





When Real Techniques announced their new brush range this contour brush caught my eye instantly. I love a strong contour and this flat top brush looked like the perfect tool to help create a good contour. It's a very similar shape to the Nars contour brush which has been very hyped up in blogger world. I tried this brush last night and I happy to say it lived  up to it's expectations, it created a strong defined contour on the cheek and really worked my bronzer into the gallows of my cheek. I think this may be my new favourite brush. 





Then I picked up this 'kick ass' instant retouch powder from Soap and Glory for £12. I have a confession to make I have never bought any make up from soap and glory, I have always loved the shower gels ect, but I just haven't sampled any of the cosmetics, so this is my first. This yellow based finishing powder was on my list to try because I had seen a few bloggers made comparisons between this and the Ben Nye powder Kim K is famous for using, and this was is a fraction of the price. I love a good highlight so I am looking forward to see if this is any good and at locking my highlighter in place. 






Next up I bought a few lip bits from Rimmel. I have always been a pink, nude lip kind of gal, but then Kylie Jenner changed all that, ok forget the size of her lips and lets concentrate on the brown nude lip colour, oh it's so pretty. So I was on the hunt for some products to recreate this look. So I picked up this lasting finish lipstick for £4.99 (bargain) in coffee shimmer, it's a warm neutral brown shade, that has a hint of shimmer, I love this shade and can't wait to wear it. I also picked up two lip pencils, first is from the exaggerated lip range in the shade obsession for £3.99 and then I picked up the lasting finish, 1000 kisses liner in tiramisu, for £2.99. Obsession is a deep muted red berry shade and tiramisu is a dark brown nude with pink tones. I can't wait to try both of these. 



I also picked up a Rimmel natural bronzer for £5.99 in shade 22 sun bronze. I have had a few of these in the past and think it's a great matte bronzer for an everyday glow. 

Finally a collection lasting finish concealer made it in to my basket. If you haven't hear of this concealer, where have you been hiding may I ask? This concealer is amazing for covering blemishes and imperfections and it's so cheap, every blogger and their blog has raved about this little beauty and for £2.99 can you blame them? 

So that's everything I picked up, I can't wait to start trying them all. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment