Monday 2 December 2013

Life lately.....

Life lately......

Well it’s been a while since I last blogged….10 weeks to be exact, how ridiculous is that! I hadn’t intended to leave it so long but recently life has just taken over and without delving too deep into my personal life (purely because I don’t want to bore you) but I lost a family member recently, which was as you can imagine a hard time for everyone and another family member has been very poorly. So obviously  my family has been my number one property…and unfortunately blogging has just had to take a back seat.

However, I say while touching wood that things seem to be back on track a little bit now and hopefully I can re-join the blogging world again as I have really missed writing my blog posts and can’t wait to get back into the swing of things. 

I do think though my blog might have to take a slight change in direction. In the beginning I planned my blog to be purely beauty and fashion based. However, at the moment I am trying very hard not to spend money on my beauty and fashion addictions, because I am getting married in July next year.  One thing I have learnt about weddings they are extremely expensive and my dream wedding is eating away at my savings at the moment. Don’t get me wrong I am still buying the essentials, I can’t go cold turkey completely from the makeup counter but I am trying to be much wiser with my spending habits because I obviously want my wedding to be everything I have always dreamed of.

So my blog will more than likely have a lot more lifestyle posts, including some wedding planning posts, maybe...but I won’t be giving too much of my actual wedding plans away till after the wedding as I would like my guests to have a surprise on the day rather than knowing everything about my wedding day before it even happens. There will still be beauty and fashion posts but I just won’t be purchasing as much so just going to have to be a bit more creative with my posts. 

So after that very long ramble, I thought I would end this blog post by sharing with you my new obsession….Pintrest, yes pinning and sharing photos has become incredibly addictive. I love searching for home ideas, style and beauty and inspiration, baking recipes, travel destinations and my favourite of the moment Christmas themed pictures. It’s given me loads of ideas for wrapping and decorating so I thought I would share with you some of my favourite festive pins and who knows it may inspire you too.

Thank you so much for reading I am so glad I am blogging again and hopefully I am back in the swing of writing and posting.

I love the vintage look wrapping paper this year






Champagne ice cubes for Christmas morning

Ideas for yummy Chrsitmas drinks

I love baking so really want to make some festive cakes and cookies, these cranberry cookies look so nice.

I have made rolo cookies and they are delicious especially when you get to the gooey rolo centre...yummy

Lovely idea for a DIY Christmas present for any chocoholic

These vanilla macaroons looks so festive

Another lovely DIY present idea...great for secret santa at work maybe?

Lovely idea for children on Christmas morning

Another great one for children, gingerbread playdough.

I love this garland

Really need to find myself a Christmas jumper like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment