Thursday 8 August 2013

Wake me up, stay matte....worth the hype?

 

Hello ladies (and gentlemen) I hope your all having a lovely week and looking forward to the weekend, I feel like I haven’t really stopped the last month, my dairy has been packed full to the brim and I have struggled to sit down properly and have a minute….and now I do have a minute I am bored so decided to blog instead.


Today’s post is all about Rimmel’s Wake me up foundation and the Stay Matte powder also by Rimmel. Now I have spoken about these two products a number of times on my blog, but over the spring and summer months I have found myself reaching for these two products daily so I felt they deserved their own post to gush about my love for them.  


Now I know there is blog posts everywhere about these products so I am a little late jumping on the bandwagon but both these products have been in my makeup bag ever since I purchased them , so just proves in my opinion the hype is deserved, so here goes….


The Wake me up foundation is without a doubt my all-time favourite drug store foundation, yes this is a bold statement but I really have never used a drugstore foundation as much as I love this one. The foundation has the small price tag of £8.99, I normally stock up on these when they have a Rimmel 3 for 2 sale so I save myself some money…well saving money in the grand scheme make up purchasing that it.


The Wake me up foundation is a medium coverage foundation but gives the skin a dewy and radiant glow, so literally does ‘Wake up’ my skin, cheesy I know but it does. I find its perfect for a natural, glowing look but can then be built up for a full evening coverage that still has an illuminating finish . I use a combination of my real techniques stippling and buffing brush to apply this foundation, I find the buffing brush just blends everything together nicely. I would imagine this foundation could be a good one if you like to use your hands/ fingers to apply foundation as it’s not too thich, but I am just not a fan of the hand and foundation combination and much prefer using a brush…it’s a germ thing I have slight OCD about it, (I am constantly washing brushes due to my germ phobia, but that’s a whole separate post). The foundation also has added SPG 15 so great to wear when the sun is shining.


My skin type is combination so I get the lovely mixture of oily and dry areas on my skin, the oily areas particularly surface around the T zone and often find half way through the day/ night my T zone is start to oil up. That is where the Stay Matte powder comes in; this again is my favourite drugstore powder I have used. It only costs £3.99 so it’s a complete bargain. I buy this powder in the shade translucent so it doesn’t have any colour, but I like that as I don’t like the over powdered look, there are coloured shades available in this powder though if you like a bit more coverage. This powder is very light weight but still keeps my skin incredibly matte for the day ahead and keeps all the nasty oils at bay. No matter what foundation I am using whether it is high end of drugstore I always finish my skin with this powder and it really finishes my face. So are these products worth the hype?......well if you haven't guessed, Yes! 


So have you tried either the wake me foundation or stay matte powder? I would love to hear your thoughts.  If you haven’t tried them, I urge you to go to your nearest boots (other stores are available: P) and purchase this foundation and powder, go and give it a try, or if you have a questions please comment away.

 

Thanks for reading lovlies.

 




3 comments:

  1. I also use the Stay Matte powder and feel it works best with my skin type. I too have combination skin so knowing the Wake Me Up foundation has worked for you I may now give it a try myself. Heard good things about it but always stuck to my Revlon - Colourstay. So thanks for the review :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Wake Me Up foundation, everyone seems to rave about it! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the Stay Matte powder for about a year now and don't think I'll be changing it up anytime soon. Lovely blog by the way :) Now following you via Bloglovin & GFC. If interested this is my blog: http://voraciousreviewsforyou.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete